While Mexican and Italian food have our hearts, we also love us some Asian food! This
week we decided to show our vegetarians some love and give you guys an Asian
inspired dish we absolutely can’t get enough of: Veggie Lo Mein! Packed with a plethora
of delicious vegetables of every color (and a ton of spice), this recipe is certain to
appease your eyes and taste buds alike. The best part of this dish (besides how yummy
it is), is that it’s super light, yet still filling.
For those of you who love meat too much to leave it out, feel free to add some chicken,
beef, or shrimp! Minimal ingredients and short cooking time always make for a winning
• ½ Box of Lo Mein or Ramen Noodles
• 1 Tablespoon Olive or Coconut Oil
• 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
• 1 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
• 2 Cups Broccoli Florets
• ½ Yellow Bell Pepper, Julienned
• ½ Orange Bell Pepper, Julienned
• 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
• 8 oz. Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
• Sesame Seeds, For Garnishing
• 2-3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce, or more to taste
• 1 Teaspoon Sriracha (Optional)
• ½ Teaspoon Ground or Minced Ginger
• 2 Teaspoons Sugar
• 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
• ½ Teaspoon White Vinegar
1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, make sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat olive or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add all of the vegetables to the skillet and cook until softened (about 5 minutes). Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Add noodles back to the pan with the vegetables and stir well. Add in sauce and mix
Top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!