Hey guys! We are finally back with yet another tasty recipe! As always, we aim to create easy,
healthy recipes to keep our summer bodies right and tight- you feel us?! With that being said, our
Turkey Quinoa Bake recipe is here to bring some flavor to your plate, while keeping you in
shape (y’all caught that flow?)!
We know some healthy recipes compromise taste, but listen Linda, this isn’t one of them!
Packed with protein, veggies, and ooey-gooey cheese, what more could you ask for from a
healthy meal?! Eat this Turkey Quinoa bake as is, or for an extra veggie punch, stuff the mixture
into some green peppers (we love a stuffed pepper!). Cheers to summer-time fine!
• 1 lb. Ground Turkey
• 1 ½ Cups Cooked Quinoa
• 1 White Onion, Finely Chopped
• 1 ½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
• 1 Can Tomato Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
• 2 Cups Low-Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• 3 Handfuls Baby Spinach
• ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
• Salt, To Taste
• Pepper, To Taste
• 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
• 1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Thyme
• 1 ½ Teaspoons of Sugar (Optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to package, undercooking by 4 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook ground turkey until cooked through. Season
with a little salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to the bowl with the quinoa once it’s
4. Return skillet to medium heat and add coconut oil. Once melted, add in onions and minced
garlic. Cook until translucent. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and dried
5. Add in tomato sauce (and sugar if using). Mix well.
6. Add spinach in batches until wilted down.
7. Transfer sauce mixture to large bowl with quinoa and ground turkey and stir to combine.
8. Add in bread crumbs and cheese and transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
9. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.