Everyone loves french toast. While there are plenty of “breakfast breads” to choose from such as, pancakes and waffles, french toast has to be at the top of our list. When thinking of romantic breakfast options we both agreed that not only would our guys love this dish, but so would we!
This is the perfect breakfast dish to prepare for your Valentine or even for a Galentine’s Brunch. The recipe is super simple and doesn’t take much time to make. Prepare this dish the night before, throw it in the fridge, and pop it in the oven when you wake up. Can’t get much easier than that! Your special someone will love each bite we promise, so get ready to be thanked in kisses!
We used strawberries and blackberries to add a pop of color and natural sweetness to this dish. Feel free to use your favorite berries and whip cream to make your french toast as beautiful as can be.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Total: 40 min
- ½ Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. of Corn Syrup
- 1 ½ cups of Half and Half
- 12 Slices of Thickly Sliced Bread, (Day Old or Stale)
- ¼ Tsp. of Salt
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Fresh Berries (For Topping) – Optional
- Whip Cream (For Topping) – Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt your butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until smooth. Stirring Occasionally.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish and spread around to cover the surface.
- Place your 12 slices of bread in a single layer to cover the pan.
- Mix together eggs, half and half, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for about 25-30 minutes.
- Top with whip cream, fresh berries, and syrup.