Hi Guys! It’s been a minute since I’ve given The Tasty TurnUp some love and affection, but I’m back and this time I don’t plan to take any more breaks! I can’t believe it’s been a year since I first launched my blog with the help of my bestie Shannah! Having a food blog has taught me many lessons both good and not so great. I truly have a passion for food and one of the best ways to express that passion outside of the kitchen is through my blog. In 2020 I plan to take more risks, be more engaging with my following, and be less afraid of the things that I cannot control! That being said, thank you for tuning in to see what The Tasty TurnUp has to offer! I still want to hear from you so, if you decide to whip up one of my dishes me sure to send me a pic or tag me in your Instagram/Facebook story! I also love suggestions, so feel free to shoot those to me too! Happy 1 Year to The Tasty TurnUp!
Fun Fact: One of my favorite holidays is Valentine’s Day! Not only because it’s a day filled with love, cards, flowers, and candy… let’s just say 9 months later a star was born! In honor of this joyous occasion, I have a recipe that screams I love you (mostly because I love to make it lol)! Let’s get into it!
For my lovely lasagna recipe, I grabbed some heart-shaped cookie cutters from Michael’s. This was a great idea initially, but once the pan hit the heat it was pretty much a wrap on presentation. It’s the thought that counts though, right?! If you are in the kitchen with your significant other who wants to pitch a hand or want to get crafty with the kids, this is a fun task! Feel free to use whatever meat you’d like or swap out the meat altogether with veggies instead! The best part of making this dish is that it’s made with love! Enjoy lovers <3
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 15 oz jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 24 oz jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1 box of Oven-Ready Lasagna
- 8 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella
- ¼ cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- ¼ cup Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Brown the Italian sausage over medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix ricotta, parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and egg. Set aside.
- Spread ¼ cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9×13” baking pan.
- Take 3 oven-ready noodles and lay them evenly in the pan. Be sure to leave a small space between each noodle to allow for expansion during baking.
- Scoop a tablespoon of ricotta mixture onto each noodle, spread to cover.
- Layer a scoop (about a tablespoon) of sausage on top of each noodle.
- Pour ½ of pasta sauce on top of sausage. Use a small spatula or spoon to mix and smooth the mixture from edge to edge. Top with a handful of shredded Italian blend cheese.
- Repeat steps 6-7, pour ½ cup of alfredo sauce on top of mixture. Mix and smooth mixture from edge to edge. Top with another handful of shredded Italian blend cheese.
- Repeat layering for 2 more layers, switching between pasta sauce and alfredo sauce with each layer. End with 3 sheets of pasta.
- Generously spread 1 cup of pasta sauce on top of lasagna, making sure that the sheets on top are completely covered.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- While lasagna bakes, slice fresh mozzarella into 10-12 slices.
- Remove foil and top with mozzarella slices. Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. Cheese should be melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!