In honor of the weekly national holiday that is “Taco Tuesday”, The Tasty Turn Up
brings you…Jerk Chicken Tacos! *cues Is This Love by Bob Marley* This dish gives you
a mix of both spicy and sweet flavors, and includes our ingredient of the week, mango!
Our homemade jerk seasoning takes the chicken to another level, and adds some heat
to your palate; so be sure to have some water (or a Slap Yo Mama Margarita) nearby!
Our mango salsa gives this dish a splash of color, as well as an unforgettable taste.
Feel free to add additional toppings such as, lettuce, tomato, or avocado to your tacos.
If you’d like a jerk sauce for your tacos, grab a bottle of Walkerswood Jerk Marinade
and drizzle at your own discretion.
We suggest letting your chicken marinate overnight to absorb the spicy flavor, then cook
the next day. Not in the mood for chicken? Feel free to use other proteins; shrimp, pork,
lamb, or fish would seamlessly fit with this recipe! Enjoy Mon!
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, Ribs and Seeds Removed, Minced
- 2 Ripe Mangoes, Diced
- ½ Red Onion, Chopped
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 ½ Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Cilantro, Finely Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
Jerk Chicken Tacos:
- 3 Tablespoons Jerk Seasoning Mix* (See Notes)
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken Breasts
- 8-10 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
For the Mango Salsa:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
For the Jerk Chicken Tacos:
- Dice chicken into 1 in. cubes and place in medium bowl.
- Season the chicken with the dry jerk seasoning. Stir the chicken to distribute spices evenly. (Allow an hour – overnight to marinate. The longer the better!)
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet. Place the chicken in the hot skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. The outside should be deep in color, nice and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in lightly sprayed skillet until warm.
- Assemble tacos with chicken, mango salsa and toppings of your choice.
*Note: You can use store bought Jerk Seasoning or make our homemade Jerk