Our favorite type of food as a collective is Mexican, so ideally we would love pico de gallo, right? While our most favorite way to eat pico is on the tip of a tortilla chip, we’ve found it just as delicious baked on top of chicken! *twerks*
This is a great option to prep for the week for lunch or dinner. It’s super tasty and most of all… guilt free! The best part about this recipe is you can customize your own pico de gallo, which leaves room for you to add as much flare and flavor as you’d like. Try pairing the chicken with black beans or Spanish rice. Leftovers can be used for tacos, quesadillas, or Mexican salad.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25 min
Total: 40 min
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breasts (About 4 Breasts)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Cups Fresh Pico de Gallo
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Lightly spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together spices in a small bowl.
- Rub both sides of chicken with spice mixture and lay flat in the baking dish.
- Cover the chicken breasts with the pico de gallo then top with cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165˚F)
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Pico de Gallo:
- 1 lb. Diced Roma Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño Pepper, Seeded & Diced Finely
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Salt, To Taste
- ½ Lime, Juiced
- Dice the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Wash the pepper and remove the stem, seeds and ribs from the pepper and finely dice.
- Mix the tomatoes with the salt and place them in a mesh food strainer over a bowl for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and lime juice together and mix well.
- Let it chill for 10 minutes or more.