If it’s one thing I love about the fall/winter seasons, it’s all the soups, chilis, and chowders. It’s that time of year when a hot cup of anything feels like heaven going down (esp. on a chilly night!). One of my favorite savory dishes to serve up during this season is Corn Chowder w/ Sausage. It’s super easy to prep, takes just a few hours to cook, and best of all, the crockpot does all the work! Feel free to top your chowder off with whatever toppings you like. I like to sprinkle a little sharp cheddar and chopped scallions on mine.
If you have leftover soup, be sure to let it cool completely before pouring into your freezer containers. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1 lb petite red potatoes, chopped
- 2 bags (12oz each) frozen whole kernel corn
- 3 cups Swanson chicken broth
- 1 pack of Turkey Kielbasa sausage, diced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- Fresh chopped scallions (for garnish)
- In 3.5 or 4-quart crockpot, combine potatoes, corn, onion, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 4 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- In a small bowl, mix half-and-half with cornstarch until smooth.
- Add half-and-half mixture to the crockpot, stir.
- Recover and cook for 15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Cook Time: 4 Hours