Hi Tasty Gang, Shannah here! As a mommy of 3, I’m always looking to create dishes that are easy to prep and that my entire family will enjoy. My babies also enjoy helping out in the kitchen, so meals with easy prep allow them to join in on the fun!
One of our favorite dishes to make as a family is my Cheesy Taco Crescent Roll recipe. As much as I love to make tacos, my daughter and youngest son don’t have the best time with the tortilla situation. Crescent rolls allow less of a messy situation (thank goodness!). Once I’ve cooked the meat, I separate everything into small bowls and let the kids make their own rolls. It’s a fun way for us to spend time together after a busy day at work and school.
If you have leftover taco meat from Taco Tuesday, this is the perfect dinner recipe to make the next evening. It’s always a bonus when you can turn one meal prep into two meals! I hope your family enjoys just as much as mine!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tube of Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- 5 Colby Jack and Cheddar Cheese Sticks, Halved
- ½ Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Coat a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add in taco seasoning mix with no water and stir until fully coated.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove crescent dough from tube and remove each section from perforated lines. Lay flat on baking sheet.
- Add a spoonful of the taco mixture to each crescent roll and top each with ½ of the cheese stick and roll up.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic powder, and dried parsley in a small bowl and brush onto each crescent roll.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crescent rolls are browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy with your favorite taco toppings!
*Notes: Feel free to use leftover taco meat from Taco Tuesday for this recipe! If you use a full pound of ground beef, you will have leftover taco meat.*