As most of you know summer bodies are made in the winter + spring time and sadly we’ve both gotten a late start on Kanye’s workout plan. The cold weather brings forth cravings of all sorts, one of our favorites being: pizza.
As a means to still enjoy the idea of a fresh baked pizza topped with all of our favorite toppings, the thickest crust possible, dipped in ranch, marinara, whatever dip, you dip, we dip (you get the point).. we thought we’d at least try to come up with 1 healthier option.
So, if you’re a pizza lover, but need to lay off the thick-crust this is the perfect substitute for you. 1 slice of pepperoni pizza has almost double the amount of calories as 2 slices of our flatbread. Packed with the perfect amount of heat and tasty goodness, this dish is perfect to make as an appetizer for a small group or as lunch for two.
- 1 Large Flatbread or Naan
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- ½ Cup of Fresh Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese or Mozzarella
- 1 Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2-3 Slices Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- ½ Avocado, Sliced or Diced
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño, Finely Diced (Optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- ½ Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tsp. Chipotle Seasoning (See Notes)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes each side).
- Dice chicken and set aside.
- Brush flatbread with olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with chicken, red bell peppers, jalapeños and bacon.
- Place on a lightly greased sheet of foil and bake on the oven rack for 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- While flatbread is baking, whisk together ranch dressing and chipotle seasoning.
- Remove flatbread from oven and top with avocado, red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Drizzle with ranch chipotle sauce.
- Serve Immediately!
*Notes: If you’d rather not make your own chipotle dressing, feel free to use any store brand chipotle dressing or substitute for plain ranch dressing. Still just as tasty!